effective positive lasting change for young lives
Since 1999, Release has matched and supported 880 community mentor pairs. During 2021, 86 matches were active. In July 2021, we initiated group mentoring due to the number of youth waiting for a mentor. Over 200 youth have attended our group mentoring sessions. We also have chaplains that work without over 1,600 kids in detention and community centers.
Why Mentoring?What possible good can mentoring do today?
- I have an opportunity to make a difference in someone's life.
- The pains and struggles I've walked through have been a meaningful gift here.
- I'm surprised by how much I've learned from my mentee.
- I don't feel like I have all the answers, but I'm learning just showing up matters more than I realized.
- This relationship is changing me for the better.
What to ExpectEven though mentoring will be as unique as you and your mentee, here are 3 stories, from Release mentors, to help paint a picture of what mentoring could look like for you.
Real stories. Real mentors. Real connection.